Veterinary care can be costly. These national organizations offer assistance to those in need.
- Cause For Paws: Financial assistance for veterinary costs and medicine for animals with diabetes.
- FACE Foundation: Financial assistance to animal owners who are unable to cover the full cost of their pets critical or emergency veterinary care.
- AAHA Helping Pets Fund: This fund helps those in need access quality veterinary care for sick or injured pets. Grants temporarily suspended but will begin again in July 2009.
- Angels4Animals: Friends or veterinarians use the “contact us” page to refer an animal family in need of financial assistance.
- CareCredit: Offers a revolving line of credit for veterinary expenses.
- Cats in Crisis: Helps individuals and humane organizations care for cats with chronic or emergency medical conditions through financial and fundraising assistance. Grants temporarily suspended, but check often for re-up date.
- Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program: This program provides financial assistance to cat and kitten guardians who are unable to afford veterinary services to save their companions when life-threatening illness or injury strikes.
- Help-A-Pet: Help-A-Pet provides financial assistance nationwide for the medical care of pets whose owners are unable to afford the expense; for individuals with income below $20,000 or a family income below $40,000.
- IMOM: Financial assistance for life-threatening and emergency veterinary care. IMOM is dedicated to ensuring that no companion animal has to be euthanized simply because their caretaker is financially challenged.
- The Pet Fund: Provides financial assistance to owners of domestic animals who need urgent veterinary care.
- United Animal Nations: LifeLine grants help Good Samaritans, animal rescuers and low-income families with the high cost of caring for pets by providing grants to meet emergency veterinary expenses they otherwise couldn’t afford.
- Actors and Others for Animals - Spay & Neuter help: Must call for assistance -
(818) 755-6045 (818) 755-6323
- Actors and Others for Animals - Emergency Medical Assistance: Must call for assistance -
- HumaneSociety.org - Trouble Affording Veterinary Care?: List of resources & advice for those having trouble affording veterinary care.
- Affordable Vet Referral Service: will research and compare your dog surgery cost, cat surgery cost or treatment and find you an estimate to fit your budget.
- The Magic Bullet Fund: For pets needing cancer treatment.
Financial Resources for Handicapped Pets
- HandicappedPets.com: Lists financial resources for handicapped pets