Tips for reuniting lost pets with their owners:
Check if the pet is micro-chipped
If the pet has no form of ID, have the pet scanned for a microchip (free service at most veterinary clinics).
*Note that some of the newer chips are on a different frequency and will not be picked up by older chip readers.
Search for the pet's owner
Go back to the area in which you found the animal after work hours. Ask people you see in the area if they know anyone who has a pet like the one you found.
Take a picture of the pet and post found pet flyers in the neighborhood where the pet was found, at local veterinary clinics, pet groomers, pet stores, and local businesses.
*Always ask permission to post a flyer from the business owner.
Place ads in local publications and online
- Post the found pet to our own Lost & Found Pet Directory: MVHS Lost & Found Pet Directory
- Post a found pet ad on the Facebook page: Menifee Pets Homeward Bound
- Post to Craigslist Inland Empire (lost and found)
- Post to FidoFinder.com
- Place a free found pet ad in these local newspapers:
- Californian: (800) 600-5454
Contact local animal shelters
- Post a found pet on the Animal Friends of the Valley Website.
- Also check the Lost Pets Reports on the Animal Friends of the Valley Website.
- Animals found in the City of Menifee may be taken to:
Riverside County Department of Animal Services,
San Jacinto Valley Animal Campus
581 S. Grand Ave. San Jacinto, CA 92582
A night drop kennel is available for after hours drop-offs.